Friday, February 11, 2011

And now, an update!

I wish I could have figured out how to put those pictures in the last post in order before I published it, but too late now! 

Man, where should I start?  We just went through the hardest four weeks of my life.  Yes, that's right.  Having this many kids is way harder than boot camp.  I have scowled at numerous people who have said "Twins!  I've always wanted twins!" or "Man!  You sure do have your hands full!"  Being back to work though makes me realize that I'd rather be at home with two screaming babies than at work crunching numbers on financial statements.  I'm always grateful to have my job though.  But that's enough of the negative, lets talk about all of the fun stuff!

My mom and Aunt Pattie came for a wonderful visit.  I enjoyed having my mom in town, she really is my best friend.  We had a great time telling stories of things she didn't know Brian and I got away with growing up.  Sorry Brian, cat's out of the bag on a few of our secrets.  We also celebrated Josie's birthday for the first time and set up her big girl bed!  We wouldn't have needed to leave the toddler bed so soon if my pregnant butt hadn't sat on it once.  Those things definitely have a weight limit.  Josie's favorite gift was the little basketball she got though.  Go back to the pictures and see the look on her face!

After that we made a visit up to Fort Worth to see Mawmaw and Pawpaw and Christopher.  We had a Happy Birthday Josie and Chuck/Welcome Boys/Merry Christmas party.  It was way too short of a visit and I always leave wishing we lived closer.  I can't wait to have Chris for a longer time in the summer, though I think all of his little brothers and sisters drive him a little bit crazy!

Sophie's doing well in school and girl scouts, as usual for her.  Her latest achievement is that she goes by herself to get the mail down the street.  One day last week Sophie came through the door crying her little eyes out, though.  She had stopped to talk to a friend when the wind blew and some of the mail flew out of her hand.  I can only imagine her scrambling around trying to get all of the pieces.  She was crying so hard while she tried to explain that some of the coupons had gone down the storm drain and she was afraid she was in trouble.  It was so hard for Randy and I to not crack up laughing though.  She just has such a tender heart!  Randy assured her that he was grateful that he didn't have to throw those coupons away himself and everything was a-okay again.  That being said, if you sent us mail last week, you should probably send it again just in case!

The boys are growing by leaps and bounds still!  Mitchell weighs in at 10.5 lbs and Callum is right around 9lbs.  I enjoyed boxing up all of their newborn sized clothing and sending it off to my new nephew, Westley.  They are smiling and cooing and holding their heads up, just like they should be.  I love coming home on lunch to nurse them and getting all of their smiles.  It really keeps me going for the rest of the day.  We did have a bit of troubling news, it turns out that Mitchell needs some mouth surgery.  He has an anomaly in his lower gum that is very similar to a cleft in the upper gum that most people are familiar with.  The tissue (and possibly the bone and teeth) are missing in a small place and the cheek attaches in an odd way there.  He'll have surgery in late March or early April to release the band of funky skin in there and they will investigate what the situation looks like for the future.  Doesn't seem too serious right now.  Keep your fingers crossed that there won't be any major road bumps ahead.

I feel like I didn't get to tell you guys all of the funny stories I've saved up.  You should hear some of the things that come out of the girls' mouth's these days.  Now that I'm settled back in at work, I hope to be able to jump on here every once in a while just to tell you a funny story!

No comments:

Post a Comment