Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grand Slam!

I joked the other day on Facebook that we call it a "grand slam" when all four kids are crying at once.  It's rare, but it happened this weekend!  It had a pretty good cause though:  Sophie and Josie were sad that my dad, brother and sister had left and the boys, well, they were just screaming.  Sophie's tears were quiet but Josie went to sleep sobbing "pawpaw! pawpaw!" into her pillow.  As sad as that sounds, in hindsight it's pretty darn cute.  I love that my kids have young grandparents to play with.  My dad wrestles and chases just like he did when I was a kid.  He says he's turned grumpier with age, but I just don't see it.  And Caitlin and Jacob are the most loving aunt and uncle, even at the ages of 11 and 8!  Wonderful visit, wish it could have lasted longer.

After they left we tried to make it for "Dollar Day" at the Texas State Aquarium yesterday.  We rushed to get up and it only took us a short TWO HOURS to get everyone fed, dressed and loaded into the car. It's like watching clowns pile into a clown car.  I'll take a pic next time we load  Josie in through the hatchback of our crossover SUV.  Anyway, we were there only a half hour after they opened and the line must have been a mile long OUTSIDE.  It's relatively warm here right now, but I don't think any of us would have enjoyed standing in line for an hour.  Next we tried to head to the Corpus Christi Science Museum, but it was closed!  Who closes their museum on a school holiday?  I bet they could have made a killing.  After all the effort to get out of the house there was no way I was headed home without doing something, so we went to the mall.  In the end, I think the kids preferred playing on the indoor playground and riding the mall train more than they would have liked the aquarium anyway.  All in all, not a bad day.

Lots more visits coming up before I head back to work.  My mom and Aunt Pattie are coming to visit this weekend and we're headed to Fort Worth to visit Chris and the Meeks' the weekend after that.  I should have some pretty good pictures to put on the blog soon!

1 comment:

  1. It was a great visit. I must say that Lauren and Randy handle the parent roles extremely well. Although tired, they were perfect hosts too.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete